Paper of the month group

I would like to start a group that reads and discusses a single paper each month. This would be a discussion throughout the month and could include implementing the paper or just discussing the concept. If anybody is interested in something like this reply here. I know we are already part of the way through June but I am open to suggestions on papers for June! My idea is to keep collaboration here and not worry so much about a certain time to talk through the paper, but that’s definitely an option too.

5 Likes

I’m currently thinking this paper looks interesting for June but am open to alternatives! https://arxiv.org/abs/1805.01070

1 Like

Please count me in. I think we should look at coding some of the papers for testing… then, if they prove out, be available for FastAi users

1 Like

Hi @KevinB,
I wanted to point you towards another group here: Reading + Peer Review Group that is also aiming to go over papers.

1 Like

@init_27 I noticed that group, but I thought that was more for people writing content to get feedback. This is more focused on reading paper’s that are already finished and just getting the group’s perspective of what is important in the paper, possibly implementing the paper using fastai, and getting a better understanding of the paper by reading it as a group. If I’m wrong on the intentions of that group, I am definitely open to having them be the same group, but that’s how I read it at least.

What do you think of my suggestion for the first paper?

@KevinB Apologies, I must have gotten confused, I think it was mentioned in the slack community, We will indeed be going over paper discussions too which will be weekly in nature.

1 Like

Ok, great, is that a discussion that will happen throughout the week? Just trying to figure out because that may already fill the need I’m trying to fill wth this group then.

1 Like

We’re still discussing, I was hoping maybe keeping an open discussion throughout the week and doing a weekly call as well, we’re open to suggestions so please don’t hesitate to suggest a better approach :slight_smile:

1 Like