New York study group

The location for tonight study group is the Farfetch office, at 30 West 21st St, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010.

Please, if you’re planning to come tonight, make sure you sign up in the Google Sheet, and add a “yes” in the column for tonight’s event.

For everyone attending the event tonight at Farfetch, unfortunately the receptionist of the building will be leaving at 5 PM this evening. Ankur and myself will make sure to have someone downstairs able to get you in up until 6:40 PM. If you’re running late, please add a message here, so that we can come downstairs and let you in as soon as you arrive. Apologies for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Great seeing everyone tonight! Thanks to @iamgianluca for hosting.

If anyone’s interested, this is the Inclusive Images Challenge I was talking about: https://www.kaggle.com/c/inclusive-images-challenge.

And this is the code for training Imagenet in 18 minutes (https://github.com/diux-dev/imagenet18), since I know I didn’t do a good job describing all the techniques they used.

4 Likes

First test: https://dungeons-and-dragons-race.now.sh/

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m opening a new pool for next week study group. We can meet at the Farfetch office @ 30 West 21st St, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010, between 6:30 PM and 9 PM.

When would you prefer to meet?

• Wed, Nov 14th
  • Thu, Nov 15th
  • Fri, Nov 16th

0 voters

To facilitate the logistic, could you please sign up in the Google Sheet after we settle for a date, before the event? This would help us enormously.

Many thanks!

FYI, the pool to chose the date of the next study group will close tomorrow at 6 PM.

2 Likes

Are we confirmed for Thursday ?

2 Likes

Yes, study group confirmed to Thursday at 6:30 PM @ Farfetch office @ 30 West 21st St, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010.

3 Likes

thank you!!!

@iamgianluca So, given the snow, I am going to stay in this evening. Sorry to miss it, again.

Same, sorry!!

1 Like

I’m not gonna make it today either. Sorry guys!

For those of you who did make it (and everyone in the group really) - I have a Twitter bot that’s dormant and ready to rumble.
It can search, filter tweets, retweet, reply, and tweet any function of anything.

I was trying to come up with a way to use it as a fun NLP application but anything I’m coming up with is either spammy or very spammy. If anyone has an idea that they’d like to work on I can introduce you :slight_smile:

It seems that we don’t have a quorum and we will try to meet on Monday.

1 Like

So today’s meeting is cancelled?

Yes today’s meeting is cancelled.

I’d love to hear more about it next time we meet. Maybe it could be useful for scraping selected data, perhaps it could even ask useful questions to extract information from humans (or other bots). Sounds super spammy indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you feel about fixing the day of ALL future study group events to Monday?

Time: 6:30 PM - 9 PM
Location: Farfetch, 30 West 21st St, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010

• Agree
  • Disagree

0 voters

This would make the logistics much easier.

Then, see you all tomorrow at 6:30 PM!

3 Likes

Gianluca, apologies wont be able to make it tonight. Hope it goes well.

1 Like