NeurIPS 2019

Hi, I have been looking for folks attending NeurIPS 2019. Is anyone making it to the conference this year? If so i’d love to formally introduce myself. I’m Ramji, a Machine learning engineer and student at Amrita University India. My specialization is Image Processing and I’m attending this year to participate in workshops and competitions around bioinformatics. I’d love to stay in touch and potentially catch up at the conference. I’m also traveling alone, so would appreciate if I can tag along in getting around the city/to the venue with you/your crew.

2 Likes

Hey Ramji! Great to read from you and that you’re going to NeurIPS :smile: Thanks for posting about it!
I’ll be attending NeurIPS this year after having attended last year for the first time. I’ve learned so much and met many incredible people at the conference, some of which I’m looking forward to meeting this year again :grin:
Let’s definitely have a fast.ai meetup (or crash the PyTorch one).
Last year I had the good fortune of briefly meeting Jeremy and Sylvain but I missed out on meeting the crew at the PyTorch meetup. So I hope this year I won’t miss it. :wink:

6 Likes

Nice photo! I won’t be there this year, but Rachel will.

2 Likes

Great…!! Looking forward for such meetups !!:+1::+1::blush:

1 Like

I’ll be attending as well. Any other fastai people attending? If it’s just the three of us we should connect at the pytorch meetup.

Even

1 Like

Is there a pytorch meetup? First timer for conference, I have absolutely no idea about anything.

I haven’t seen anything, but I’m assuming if there was one last year then there will similarly be one this year. If there isn’t one then we’ll do a mini fastai one.

2 Likes

Sounds great.

@nok @Even @Ramji @rachel

Hope you’ve all had a wonderful conference so far :grinning: There’s a PyTorch fan club meetup this afternoon at 3:05 PM - I’m signed up for it and hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Yesterday I ran into @rachel at the conference. It was really nice meeting her after years of seeing her only on the screen. Rachel, thanks again for the great work you’re doing! :+1::heart:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be at the PyTorch meetup. See you there!

1 Like

Hey Even, it was really nice meeting you at both the PyTorch meetup and today’s Creativity and Design workshop. Will definitely check out your art pages, cool stuff! :smile: :+1: :paintbrush: :robot: