[MLT] fastbook Study Group (Sat 4-6 PM IST | Sun 5PM-7PM PT) Run 2!

Sorry about that, I’ve just corrected it, should work now.

1 Like

@gansme, @czechcheck, continuing the discussion here.

Could you please join the MLT Slack community which we use to organise these, I’ll introduce you to the organising teams :slight_smile:

Edit: Link to join

Hey @zerotosingularity!
I know you had mentioned that seeme.ai is currently in beta-invite for Course p1-v4 students, is it okay if I showcase it in our study group?

Thanks!

Absolutely!

Is there any way I can support you for that? iOS version, SDK sample, …?

Thank you!

Oh wow, I’m sorry I’ve been behind, Last time I checked there was just a Python version :smiley:

Will DM you for help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind offer, @init_27. We’re merging in a fast.ai meetup group @marii has been running for a while so we’re all set with 2 co-hosts. I’ve updated the Bay Area thread with info on the new post-class meeting times here.

It would be great to share learnings across the groups. I’ll DM you to see how we might coordinate that.

1 Like

Awesome! Please feel free to reach out to for anything that I can help with.

The MLT slack group is also active with discussions if anyone would like to join the discussions-anyone/everyone is welcome :tea:

Inviting the group to share the reviews since we read the book before it got officially published, but I don’t want that from keeping us from sharing our experience :pray:

Really enjoyed fastbook, great blend of code, examples and math. Review questions at the end of each chapter are great to help you recap too.

Hello everyone,
I’m studying the Tabular section from the fastbook,

And when I try to run the cluster_columns I got an error,

Any advise to solve this ?

Will attend this run for sure @init_27. Waiting for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank for doing this again. Will definitely be joining this time

1 Like

Just purchased the new book and it is awesome. Looking forward to interacting with the group

1 Like

Can you please make the asia/europe zoom call to have a registration page?

It helps in putting it in the calendar.

Thanks
Ganesh

@init_27 is there a separate slack channel or thread for the US group? I couldn’t find reference to it on MLT slack… I’d gladly help lead some sessions if needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Is there a Study Group for Europe? Thanks, Ana

1 Like

One more to Europe🇷🇺

1 Like

Done! :slight_smile:

No, same channel to encourage everyone to learn together.

Thanks for the suggestion, would love to work with you in hosting these, if that’s okay :slight_smile:

@anasustic, @Kantulaev please let me know of the calls above don’t work for you, although I think the APAC call timings should be suitable for Europe.

Thanks!

Thanks so much @init_27 for your kind reply.
I just ordered the book but I cannot make the Sessions at the offered times. Saturday or Sunday evening for EU zone would be fantastic.

No worries, please feel free to join the text channels for discussions or the last 30 min for zoom discussions-if that works.

Personally, I don’t think I’ll be able to host another session, I’m hosting ~16 hours of meet-ups on weekends :tea:

You could also think about a group for your region if there’s interest!