Looking for fellow Indian students doing fastai course

Count me in!

Hey Everyone, Glad to be part of a small community, and I hope we learn as much from each other, and push each other for the better.

Im creating a discord channel, and posting an invite link. Do join the server. We will set schedules and discuss everything there. Please join using the link

Though I’m open to suggestions, here’s what i propose:

1. We do this course as if we were doing it live. We finish one video worth of content in one week. I’d recommend we try to complete the whole content within the week itself. Not that its wrong if you can’t, I understand sometimes one can get caught up in other things, remain stuck at something in the course, or just feel demotivated to do the course, and can fall behind schedule. However, setting schedules is a sort of mental alarm-you would push yourself to keep trying. Also, being on schedule makes sure that a lot of people are on the same page. All doubts would be relevant, and in the now, and everyone would probably be working through the same things, more or less. This means, that everyone would learn collectively.

2. For anyone who falls behind. Don’t worry. I’ve created a separate channel for each lecture. These channels are not really intended for solving doubts related to the lesson - the forums is much more credible for that - but simply to find other people who are on the same page as you. This way you can form a sub-group within the group, and move forward together. Ofcourse, the bigger the group, the better, which is why, staying on schedule is the best way to go.

3. Every Sunday, there would be a small briefing, either on text, or on a video chat room. This would be a nice place for everyone to discuss their thoughts, suggestions and doubts.

4. A lot of people are more experienced than others. So please step forward to help others. You can help each other by chatting live, and guiding people step by step (Something which is hard on the forums here)

5. Finally, happy learning. The idea behind this study group is to motivate ourselves and each other to do this amazing course, to be disciplined in our schedules, to be guided and to guide others about the right approach, and to learn as much as we can from each others.

See you there!

1 Like

hey i just saw this post and the discord link in invalid now which is probably because the invite has expired. i know i am late but is it possible to join this group now? please?

Everyone is always welcome! :grin: :grin:
Check your PM please!

interested

Hi Palaash, I would also like to join the group. Not sure if you are still accepting, if you are can you send the discord invite?

Thanks!

Check your PM please!

Hi @PalaashAgrawal
Am keen to join the study group as well. Pls share details! Thank you!

kamal

I too interested in joining this group. Plz send invitation.

I am interested as well!!

I am also interested

interested!!