LLVM assertion error

@saeta: twice this morning I saw this error when running 08 nb from top to bottom, causing a kernel restart:

/swift-base/llvm/lib/ExecutionEngine/RuntimeDyld/RuntimeDyldELF.cpp:304: void llvm::RuntimeDyldEL
F::resolveX86_64Relocation(const llvm::SectionEntry &, uint64_t, uint64_t, uint32_t, int64_t, uint64_t):
Assertion `isInt<32>(RealOffset)' failed.

That is after deleting the swift-install dir and restarting the notebook, with the latest toolchain. I can’t reliably replicate the error. Any thoughts?..

I was seeing this error the other day on the 0.3 toolchain. It would happen intermittently on a pretty straightforward struct that just adopted Layer and had a basic call implementation–nothing fancy. Once it started happening though, it would happen pretty much every time I restarted the kernel and tried again. It was too infrequent to say for sure, but I think when I ran the cells slowly, one by one, it was less likely to occur. When I changed around the order of my cells so that the aforementioned cell was above this:

%include "EnableIPythonDisplay.swift"
let plt = Python.import("matplotlib.pyplot")
IPythonDisplay.shell.enable_matplotlib("inline")

it went away. If there’s some extra info I can gather if it happens again, please let me know.

1 Like