Lesson 3: Multilabel image classification

(Viola Lewis) #1

Hi. I tried experimenting a bit with my own dataset for multilabel image classification. When I upload my .Zip dataset from my PC to Kaggle I notice that the images flip. This is evident before the databunch creation step when i try to display the images from my uploaded input dataset. My input images have faces which i do not want to flip. Is there some option to prevent flip when creating the .Zip and upload to Kaggle?

Also, could this be the reason why i get a very low accuracy (60%) on my mulilabel classification model? I have used the same code framework as in Lesson3 of the course. Should i instead be pre-processing my input images to crop only the faces?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Viola.

(Coral) #2

Not sure how your code is like, but there seems to be some default dataset transforms that are preset and can be turned off. Refer to documentation below

https://docs.fast.ai/vision.html#vision

help(get_transforms)
Help on function get_transforms in module fastai.vision.transform:

get_transforms(do_flip: bool = True, flip_vert: bool = False, max_rotate: float = 10.0, max_zoom: float = 1.1, max_lighting: float = 0.2, max_warp: float = 0.2, p_affine: float = 0.75, p_lighting: float = 0.75, xtra_tfms: Union[Collection[fastai.vision.image.Transform], NoneType] = None) -> Collection[fastai.vision.image.Transform]
Utility func to easily create a list of flip, rotate, zoom, warp, lighting transforms.

(Viola Lewis) #3

Thank you so much for your reply to my query. I really appreciate it.

This is the sequence of steps in my code:

1. Read input images (Uploaded to Kaggle in a .zip folder). Kaggle allows to access the input images without performing an unzip therefore I’m reading the images as is from the .zip uploaded folder.

2. Display input image. When i view my image in this step it is flipped horizontally.

_img = open_image(path/'trainjpg'/'train-jpg'/'train_52.jpg' )_
     _img_

3. Next I perform the get_transforms step with the following parameters.

_tfms = get_transforms(do_flip=False, flip_vert=False,max_lighting=0.1, max_zoom=1.05, max_warp=0.)

As you can see above the images are flipped horizontally in step 2. even before i perform the get_transforms in step 3. Do you think the images are getting flipped horizontally during the upload to Kaggle? Should I unzip before accessing the images in my code?

Thank you once again.
Viola