Macuject is a Melbourne-based start-up that aims to prevent blindness in more than 2.5 million people every year. We do this through our clinical decision support software that uses computer vision to optimise decision-making in the treatment of eye disease.
Our software has already been used for over 10,000 patient visits and we are beginning the process of regulatory approval of our software as a medical device.
We are looking for a senior ML engineer with experience of developing computer vision models, pipeline development and putting ML into production. Prior experience within healthcare or medical devices will be valued.
This role is ideal for anyone looking to improve the lives of patients, who has an inquisitive mind and is a problem solver with strong communication skills. We are looking for someone to build and lead our ML team. We’re young and growing quickly, so you’ll have a strong influence on developing the product, team and business.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a preference for Australian residents. Applicants from other countries with similar time zones with the ability to work at least half of standard Australian Eastern Standard time work hours will also be considered.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have the following skills:
- Five or more years of commercial experience
- Experience managing a machine learning project end-to-end, spanning model development and optimisation, deployment, and MLOps
- Experience managing teams and generating purposeful growth of team culture
- Experience applying your analytics skills to projects that have had a positive impact on strategic and product roadmap decisions
- Strong ability to communicate, both with the internal team and diverse external audiences
- Understanding of business strategy and ability to think broadly and creatively on strategic business problems
You will also have the following technical experience:
- Experience developing, measuring, scoring, deploying and monitoring computer vision models
- Expertise in Python and Tensorflow, and proficiency in another data programming language
- Cloud engineering skills to architect, use and deploy cloud services in AWS
- Experience in designing and analysing experiments that drive key decisions
- Experience developing software across platforms, devices, and architectures
It would be great, but not required, if you have:
*Experience with health-tech, and regulatory approvals for software as a medical device
- Experience with quality assurance processes, unit-testing, documenting, and developing standards and processes
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Strong mathematics background, and experience with statistics or data science
- Examples of personal or open-source technical projects for us to see
We can offer you:
- Technical and organisational leadership and career growth
- A key role in ground-breaking technology development that will improve the lives of millions of people
- Influence spanning product innovation, strategic planning, and deployment/production
- Start-up innovation culture with small-team workplace flexibility
- Commercial experience with health-tech and medical devices
- Employee options plan
Our mission is to end preventable blindness, because good vision is a human right.
At least 10 million people a year are going blind unnecessarily through under-treatment. By empowering clinicians, patients, their caregivers and all involved with clear information, the best vision and quality of life can be achieved through the power of artificial intelligence, accessible data and clinical expertise.
We are a small and rapidly growing company, with our eyes on the global stage. Our culture is centred on working as a respectful, supportive team, aiming for the highest standards and goals. We have insatiable curiosity and embrace technology, innovation and critical thinking to achieve our goals. We are already a culturally and gender diverse team and welcome further diversity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply