Is jypter from windows differ than jypter from bash?

Is jypter from windows differ than jypter from bash?

1 Like

As far as I know, the underlying technology is the same in terms of browser interpreting and rendering the notebook. Under the hood, the notebooks (.ipynb files) are actually json files representing the structure of the data which you can see in the browser when you load up the notebook.

FWIW, the documentation is the independent of the platform…

Is the advantage of jupyter bash that it can be used with AWS or other cloud services and jupyter windows can not? if this is not true then what are the advantages of jupyter bash please? Thanks

Some of the libraries you’ll want to use won’t work in Windows, whereas all are compatible with Ubuntu.

1 Like

Thanks Jeremy.

Bonjour Faris. Specfically, using WSL bash, it’s compatible with the normal pytorch distribution and installation. On Windows command processor, you have to install a hacked pytorch. OTOH, Windows you can install tensorflow-gpu to get GPU compatibility but I don’t believe GPU compatibility available under WSL.

I installed Anaconda on both Windows and WSL bash so I have, maybe, everything covered.

Bonjour Robert, thanks for your insight and reply, I installed now jupyter from bash and jupyter from windows, eventually may be i need to learn how to use GPU from both windows as well as unbantu.