IndabaX: 12 Deep Learning Workshops across Africa, Mar 26 - Apr 6

After the success of the 1st Deep Learning Indaba (video summary here) last year, deep learning workshops will be held in Botswana, Cameroon, Lesotho, Kenya, Namibia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe as part of IndabaX in the next two months. I know that @poppingtonic is helping to organize the Kenyan one and will be giving a talk there. Feel free to post if you are planning to attend or speak at any of these workshops!

Here’s more info: http://www.deeplearningindaba.com/blog/the-indabax-two-weeks-of-machine-learning-across-africa

3 Likes

This is so refreshing, this is so close to my heart being born in Kenya, I have learnt alot from the fastai deep learning course and eagerly looking forward to part 2 and I try my best to spread the word as much as I can.

I love the idea of taking ‘ownership of the field’ and ‘strengthening African machine learning’.

Thank you @rachel for sharing this and I know @poppingtonic will be an excellent advocate :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @rachel! We’re now taking applications, here:

@amritv, if you’ll be in Nairobi then, please reach out. I’d love to have you at the event as well!

1 Like

@poppingtonic, Brian, I would have absolutely loved to be there and support the event in any way but unfortunately will not be in the area. Best of luck with the event. :+1:

1 Like