ImageClassifierCleaner not showing up (NOT in colab)

Hi all, I’m trying to clean my image dataset, but I think my ImageClassifierCleaner isn’t showing up properly.

cleaner = ImageClassifierCleaner(learn); cleaner

gives me two nice drop downs with my classes and set labels, but no images to sort through. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m running normal Jupyter (not colab) with ipywidgets 7.5.1 and widgetsnbextension 3.5.1. I’ve tried other widgets – the widgets.FileUpload() button works fine, as does a generic slider. Any ideas as to how I can dig in to what’s going wrong, and ideally fix it?

Thanks for reading

Did you figure this out? I’ve been re-running the 02_production notebook and remembered that for me the problem is as follows:

widget appears to work - but when I select any option in the drop down lists below the images, the widget doesn’t register the change and doesn’t change any of the image labels.

I’ve also tried with ImagesCleaner() too and it appears to be the same problem.

I also have ipywidgets 7.5.1 and widgetsnbextension 3.5.1. I’m running on Jupyter Lab locally rather than classic notebook. OS is Ubuntu 18.04.

I wish I had better info, but I still haven’t gotten it working. For your scenario, it might be worth trying in regular notebook – I’m not sure if this is still the case, but I think there used to be some things that were known to not work in Lab.

Mine is “fixed”.

It was me being incredibly stupid. I wasn’t running the following code:

for idx in cleaner.delete(): cleaner.fns[idx].unlink()
for idx,cat in cleaner.change(): shutil.move(cleaner.fns[idx], path/cat)

Have you looked at the fastai1 widget notebook? It’s here . It may be able to help you figure out what stage of the process your notebook is failing.