How to use Jupyter notebook for blogging?

Hi, I am trying to use Jupyter notebook that I wrote for my blog within my nbdev project, but I am having a trouble. The Jupyter notebook that I wrote was about training a model for deployment following Fastbook lesson 2.

This is what I am trying to do:
I do not want to run my notebook again because I do not have GPU on my local computer. I would like to reuse the output I got from Google Colab. However, when I run nbdev_preview, all my notebooks started to run, which caused downloading data and training the model. How can I preview my blog without running my notebooks?

What I have tried:
First, I tried converting my notebook into qmd file by executing quarto convert basics-jupyter.ipynb, but nbdev still tried to run the notebook. From this command, the qmd file did not have any output from the original notebook. Is a better way to convert into qmd file without losing the output?
Second, I also tried just committing into Github, but deployment failed because Jupyter notebook was not available.

Thank you for your help!

I figured it out how to do it on nbdev migrating section.

I added following YAML setting on the top of my notebook.

---
skip_showdoc: true
skip_exec: true
---

Now, the blog works by using Jupyter notebook. I did not have to convert it to qmd.

2 Likes