I would love to get a job doing ML in the health sector but sometimes it feels like it’s a difficult industry to crack.
I have a pretty heavy software engineering background, and I’m not a domain expert in medicine or health. I have been working with Fastai for the past year now, and I’ve completed a few health related Kaggle competitions and posting the related Jupyter notebooks as project pieces on my website.
I’d love to get advice on how best to approach getting a job in this field. In particular I’m trying to figure out:
- How should I keep building my folio?
- What kind of work I need to be doing?
- Who should I be speaking to?
- Or if I should be working on getting certified somehow?
- Should I be working with more health related Kaggle datasets and competitions?
- Or should is there another type of project I could be doing instead?
- Or is this just too difficult for someone without a medical background to do?
Any advice around this would be super helpful!
Thanks Fastai community