[fastpages] few beginner questions about layout, html embedding and password protection

Hi all,

I’ve just started using fastpages, and I couldn’t be more impressed with this. However, there are few things I cannot find content on, nor have I seen any example blog that could answer my questions.

1. Is it possible to modify the layout dimensions of a blog (at least easily)? All the blogs that I have seen so far have an identical width, which is a problem due to a related thing to my next question.

2. Is it possible to embed a rather complicated .html file in a Jupyter-generated blog? So far, I have tried IPython.display.IFrame(src="./my_file.html", width='100%', height='1000px'), but I get a 404 page not found error in place of where the html output should be. The same content generated as a Jupyter widget displays just fine, though, I would rather use Iframe and the .html file. Additionally, due to the width issue (mentioned above) things that should be on the same horizontal plane get stacked on top of one another because there is not enough room.

3. Finally, is there a recommended way to password-protect selected blog posts? I have found some contents on this, but, they are all rather complicated and the best one I have found so far involved using heroku, github organisation and github application, which seemed a bit of an overkill and I wasn’t sure how well it would work with fastpages.

Thank you!

2 Likes

On the same note, how could I change the css style? Is it in main.scss?

The README is your best friend https://github.com/fastai/fastpages#customizing-fastpages

Good questions!
Not obvious how to do any of this from @hamelsmu post on the readme