FastChai and Kaggle: Group based Projects

Definitely, no gate-keeping whatsoever. That’s why I’d like to create mini groups of a maximum of 5-the groups may co-ordinate amongst themselves

I’ll also open up a poll a week before incase more people agree, we can shift to Sundays.

Nevertheless, do participate online/offline and share your work in this thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

https://www.kaggle.com/aleksandradeis/globalwheatdetection-eda
2 Likes

The above post also contain links to the project ideas for inspiration.

3 Likes

I’m interested to join a group but my ability and time are limited.

I’ve only done a little bit of Kaggle, the Titanic thing mostly a couple years ago.
Any tips for how to prepare for joining a team?
:slight_smile:

Drink a lot of chai and don’t give up till you get to top 10% :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m keen to get involved with this!

1 Like

Hi… Nice initiative… How does one go about joining this… Also i am more of a pure pytorch and TF/keras guy… Will i still be welcome?

1 Like

Cool idea, I’m game.

Can we have a shared excel doc for this? It can contain week-wise schedule of problems based on interested participants.

I am in!

1 Like

Yes, there is no gate-keeping

Thanks, will add a table to the wiki above this week

I am keep on participating in this, how and where do I enroll?

2 Likes

Up for it.

It will be fun.
I’m in.

I would be interested in one of the following competitions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice list! I like the plant pathology one (seems like a multi-label classification problem) and the facial keypoints detection (seems similar to the book’s example with the Biwi Kinect Head Pose dataset)

1 Like

Ah nice! :slight_smile: Yes, I think the plant pathology should be a multi-label classification. This might make it even a bit more interesting. Regarding the keypoint detection: Yes, I also think it’s similar to Kinect dataset. I wonder if a keypoint detection can be further used as a first step for other application, e.g. anonymizing faces in videos streams (or webcam) by putting something over the faces. Here, keypoints might help to do that.

Great idea! I would be interested in participate in most of the proposed competitions. Moreover I am very interested in working in this one:

This is great. I am interested in any tabular competition. In particular, this unit sales forecast of walmart data.

I will join the Saturday 6pm PT zoom call.
2 Likes

This is really interesting, too! However, the data is quite huge. I use Google Colab, which has limited storage space. So, I probably can’t do this one.