Fastai Live Streams with Me

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I’m going getting back into live-streaming so to keep the community informed I’m going to post them here roughly 48-72 hours in advanced. This will serve as a sticky with links to the streams and topics discussed. The first one will be exploring fastai’s Callback system and walking through a few implementations

Streams

• The fastai Callback System

• Date/Time: 02/19/2021 @ 7pm CST
    • Link
  • fastai Loss Functions, the associated magic, and LossMetrics

• Date/Time: 02/26/2021 @ 7pm CST
    • Link
  • fastai Optimizers and the splitter param, how they relate

• Date/Time: 03/05/2021 @ 7pm CST
    • Link
9 Likes

Thank you everyone that joined in! I’m going to be keeping all the notebooks from these streams in walkwithfastai’s GH repo here:

Eventually I’ll migrate it into walkwithfastai directly, once I figure out a good format

5 Likes

Can we have an a bit more friendly European time for future streams? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I will certainly try my best :slight_smile:

Tonight we’ll be looking at fastai loss functions, why folks keep getting “x is not implemented for y” errors, and what magic is going on internally. As a bonus we’re also going to look at how LossMetrics work :slight_smile:

Here’s the link to join!

This Friday at 7pm CST will be another stream! We’re going to look at Learner’s splitter param, what these layer groups are, and how you can write them.

Here’s the link: