I heard Visual Studio Code is a good option for looking at source code if you’re on Windows or just don’t want to scale the learning curve of vim. So far I’ve been able to find most of what I need, but there are still a few features Jeremy uses in vim in the lessons that I haven’t been able to figure out.
What I’ve found useful
- ctrl+shift+F searches for something in the folder you have open
- F12 goes to the definition of a symbol your cursor is on
- alt-F12 “peeks” at the definition - useful if you want to check something without using your place
What I still don’t know
- How to see implementations in other libraries, especially pytorch
- How to “fold” unnecessary code
Please share your tips for looking at source code with Visual Studio!