Deep Learning Scientist at Venture Backed Startup in Boston

Hello fast.ai!

Allow me to introduce myself - my name is Andy Beam and I am the head of machine learning at a Boston-based start up created by Flagship Pioneering. We are looking for deep learning scientists and engineers, and @jeremy has been kind enough to let me post here to tell you all about it!

About the company
The scientific vision for the company is broad and ambitious. We are building deep learning models on enormous protein datasets at scale, and then using these models to improve our ability to create new proteins for therapies, biofuels, and many other exciting applications. We have a state of the art wet lab led by world-class scientists, so are able to quickly validate the predictions from our models and iterate.

We have completed our Series A fund raise and are poised to grow quickly. Our board and advisors include a Nobel prize winner and many other luminaries from the fields of biology, medicine, and machine learning.

Who we are looking for
We are looking for creative deep learning folks who would like to apply their skills to important problems in biology. If you have completed part 2 of fast.ai you are exactly the kind of person we are looking for!

Do you need to know anything about biology?
No! Though if you do have some previous biology exposure that is a bonus. The main requirement (other than deep learning expertise) is a willingness to learn, an ability to adapt, and the desire to build deep learning models for important, real-world problems.

If this sounds interestig to you, please consider applying. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out or ask below.

Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the work, we are currently seeking people willing to relocate to Boston.

About Flagship Pioneering:

• $2.5B of capital committed across six early stage funds and one growth fund

• Flagship companies have successfully completed 16 IPOs since 2013, raising more than $1.7B in initial public offerings

• Proprietary pipeline of 26 breakthrough therapeutics in development along with 135 pre-clinical programs

• 120+ on-going field trials across 16 states testing new agricultural technologies

Position Description:
VL56 - Scientist_SrScientist - Machine Learning .pdf (94.8 KB)

Application Portal:
https://flagshippioneering.thriveapp.ly/job/121

7 Likes