AWS Setup errors

Hi all

I am trying to set up aws on my desktop for the second time as the first attempt did not work. After finding some similar posts in the forum regarding the intial issues, I deleted all the key-pairs, users everything. It costed me a lot just doing the setup.

Today I tried again. When I executed bash setup.p2.sh, I got the following message and I am stuck. Any help is highly appreciated. Would like to go ahead with the course.

bash setup_p2.sh
True

An error occurred (InvalidKeyPair.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances operation: The key pair ‘aws-key-fast-ai’ does not exist

An error occurred (MissingParameter) when calling the CreateTags operation: The request must contain the parameter resourceIdSet
Waiting for instance start…

Waiter InstanceRunning failed: Max attempts exceeded
usage: aws [options] [ …] [parameters]
To see help text, you can run:

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --instance-id: expected one argument

An error occurred (MissingParameter) when calling the RebootInstances operation: The request must contain the parameter InstancesSet

All done. Find all you need to connect in the fast-ai-commands.txt file and to remove the stack call fast-ai-remove.sh
Connect to your instance: ssh -i /home/rosamma/.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem ubuntu@None

How can I fix it? Any help is highly appreciated. Would like to go ahead with the course.

Rminer

Hi rmlner,

Ref. the wiki: http://wiki.fast.ai/index.php/AWS_install under Common Problems, the following command worked for me:

rm ~/.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem

Note the change from aws-key.pem to aws-key-fast-ai.pem.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks - I’ve updated the wiki with that new key file name now.

hi.
I have the same problem with rmlner.

and I tried your solution, but it didn’t work well:(

What should I do?
Thanks.

Hi jeeyung - did you try deleting all of your existing AWS instances, IPs, etc. - Starting Over with AWS

1 Like

Hi there,
i tried the last two days to set everything up. I am at the point, where the .sh file should do the work of starting the aws instance.
This is the error that I got. Any ideas, how to fix this?

$ bash setup_p2.sh
rtbassoc-09b47472
True
setup_p2.sh: Zeile 13: /home/Michael/.ssh/aws-key.pem: Permission denied

An error occurred (InvalidKeyPair.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances operation: The key pair ‘aws-key’ does not exist
Waiting for instance start…

Waiter InstanceRunning failed: Max attempts exceeded
usage: aws [options] [ …] [parameters]
To see help text, you can run:

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --instance-id: expected one argument
securityGroupId=sg-48a74d34
subnetId=subnet-e74b3daf
instanceId=
instanceUrl=None