Note: I wasn’t sure where to put this (happy to move it if there is a better category).
Just in case you haven’t been keeping track Apple, introduced new Machine Learning frameworks this week. (I used to be an engineer on the Xcode team at Apple and I’m still very involved in Apple’s developer community)
- Open-source Python integration: coremltools
- Details about the underlying ML/DL framework: CoreML
- Video (30 mins): WWDC ML/DL Overview talk
- Check out minute 20:00 to see how easy it is to add a trained image classifier to an app
- ML/DL WWDC talk schedule this week
I think it is really interesting that Apple has made it so easy for non-ML/DL experts to incorporate basic tasks into their apps.