AI Saturdays - Looking for Volunteers

Are you interested in enhancing your understanding of what we’ve been learning by teaching others? Volunteer for AI Saturdays in the SF Bay Area!

AI Saturdays (or AI6) is a free-to-attend, structured study groups going through materials used in fast.ai and universities courses from the likes of Stanford, Berkeley, and UCL, covering cutting-edge techniques in AI and deep learning.

These study groups are held every Saturday, with structured materials and sessions targeted for people at skill all levels. Currently over 5000 people around the globe participate.

There was Sunnyvale Chapter, but it’s inactive. I’ve been given permission to revive this chapter. In doing so, I’d like to make this accessible for everyone in the Bay by having activities in SF, and the East Bay in addition to the South Bay.

Anyone interested in helping? Practically speaking, this will probably take a month to setup (including finding venues and sponsors/partners, and setting up social media).

We need people who are willing to:

• Mentor: lead and facilitate discussions on lessons or give lectures on relevant work they are doing. Also, helping to prepare the curriculum.

• Help with Meeting Logistics: in getting the meeting spaces set up

• Social Media Help: in communicating via meetup, facebook, twitter, etc

If anyone is willing to help, let me know the location you are interested in (East Bay, South Bay, SF), what role you’d like to take in this thread. I’ll send out more detailed information this week, and set up a call soon.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I was the lead evangelist for Women Who Code - Silicon Valley, super easy to find hosts, PM directly. We could also partner with them or WiMLDS (Women in Machine Learning Data Science) and others if folks are interested.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in potentially being a mentor. Note that the next couple months are going to be a bit hectic for me between my travel plans and starting a new job, but happy to help to the extent I can.

Hi @keitabr I’ll be interested on being a mentor as well and help.

OK, all. I’ll send some details tomorrow. Thanks for agreeing to help! If you all have time, we can have a short call this week also to make some prelim plans.

Hello,

We kicked of the AI Saturdays - Bay Area chapter today!

Here are the slides for that meetup:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WXLtfpoBRGmJLI5Q6VsxrGP0xQW3obED

Please join us for next week, when we dive into the material!

Regards,

Keita