AI + Impact Lightning talks

Countdown clock is fine as long as it is per speaker, not per slide. Some slides are more important/simpler than others, so I don’t think it is helpful to limit each slide to same time

1 Like

I think q’s after each talk is better, personally.

1 Like

We have the youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhJHzu5BYU

Do we ask questions here or in youtube?

You can post here We are looking into questions here

For Jeremy : How did you go about educating people in the medical field to adopt Enlitic’s tech? What were the biggest challenges of dealing with medical people and how did you overcome them?

Awesome talk : )

This was the research I was mentioning: Convolutional Neural Network for Stereotypical Motor Movement Detection in Autism

2 Likes

@samwit Since we could not get to this question during the session. Adding @jeremy

for all the talks: What is the biggest thing you need help with?

@sravya8 you posted your slides to the uncategorized forum - just checking that was intentional. (Most folks there won’t know what it’s about!)

Thanks for letting me know! That was not intentional. Moved it to part2 now.

@singlasahil14 I see that you started your forum as well. Do you also want to move your topic to part2 category?

Thanks for recording the talks!

I’m not sure about facial features in autism (think you’ll have more luck with the audio), but there are many genetic disorders that have characteristic facies (e.g. Trisomy 21). Your talk reminded me about an app someone made (face2gene) to diagnose genetic disorders with a picture:

http://www.fdna.com

1 Like

Hi everyone. Wonderful having this space yesterday. A huge thank you to @sravya8 and others for organizing. Here is a link to the slides I shared yesterday about Delta Analytics and our work using deep learning to detect illegal deforestation with Rainforest Connection.

I really appreciate the immediate collaboration about how we can be even better! Would love to keep these events going and follow-up 1-1 to discuss some of the great feedback.

2 Likes

Thank you @sara.hooker13 for the kind words! I thoroughly enjoyed the session myself! In fact, all the awesome ideas kept me awake last night :slight_smile: And thanks to @janardhanp22 who stepped up to co-organize!

Some thoughts on continuing the work if speakers want to make most of it:

1. It might be helpful to start one thread per topic area and break down each AI piece. So that people might be able to contribute or pick some of them as their project for the course? Especially, once we will have MOOC students, there would very likely be students looking for some impact projects to test their skills on.
  2. Would be great if we can post any publicly available related datasets to the thread, so that interested people can explore some ideas?
  3. Depending on how much progress we make, we can possibly have sync ups to exchange ideas to improve our models etc.

We have 2-3 speakers lined up for the next session, we can schedule the next session once we have at least 2 more. Also, would love to take feedback on how we can improve the session itself. I trimmed yesterday’s video to remove the part where we had hangout glitches. Sorry about that. Overall, I think hangouts was not bad. But a more reliable system might be slightly better. We will carry a ethernet extension next time to make sure we don’t rely on wifi :slight_smile:

Thanks @davecg This is helpful

Thank you @sravya8 and @janardhanp22 for organizing, and thanks to all the speakers! I really enjoyed all the talks yesterday!

2 Likes

Hi @sara.hooker13 Great talk! I was wondering if I could share your slides on twitter?

Absolutely! :slight_smile: Thanks for checking!

1 Like

@sravya8 @janardhanp22 Are you (or anyone else here) planning to write up a summary of all the talks? I found the session quite inspiring and think it would be fantastic content to share with the world.

I actually spoke to David Uminsky (director of the Data Institute) today and he asked how the talks went - I told him they were amazing, and he asked if I thought people involved might be interested in doing a seminar series some time (that’s the regular Friday talk that often gets 100+ people!) I think people would be really interested in hearing these stories. :slight_smile:

2 Likes