Access to Fast.ai Live course [October 2018]

I totally agree George. I was merely pointing to that these people seem to have been kept at the gate before the program started (me included). They signed up correctly and were still not allowed access (me included).

I hear you. The issue is that the class does not start in a whim. There are already numerous work under way in the forum, including the formation of study groups, the installation of fast.ai library, and FAQ to get everyone ready for the start of the class. In some sense, the program has already started.

I know how frustrating it is to be kept out of the door. Trust me. I had been shut out of the door due to one reason or the other for the past two cohorts. That simply feels awful. Maybe if someone help dealing with the boring admin stuff, Jeremy can be a bit more flexible with the logistics. I will try volunteering and see how it goes.

Yip. The good part… There’s this insanely nice documentation now which doesn’t leave us out in the dark completely :slight_smile:

Would greatly appreciate that. If there is any way I can help with the admin stuff please let me know as well. Despite signing up well before the deadline and answering questions thoughtfully, it is sad to be kept out. If it’s volunteering for logistics, happy to do that. If anything else needs to be done, that will give folks confidence of interest, glad to to do that too. Just some clarity would help a great deal. Happy to take care of any pre-requisites, downloads, anything of the sort.

Hi, I received the invitation email, but am not able to login to the forum. My user name was devonyates, but the invitation had the first letter capitalized, as Devonyates. Can someone please enable my account if I am registered?

The email I received reads as below -

’ I’m looking forward to you joining fast.ai Live on (pacific time) on Monday at 6.30pm. The lessons are all at 6.30pm pacific, on the following days:

• Mon Oct 22
  • Tue Oct 30
  • Thu Nov 8
  • Tue Nov 13
  • Mon Nov 19
  • Tue Nov 27
  • Wed Dec 12

You can see 6.30pm pacific time in your local time zone by clicking this link. You can also find localized calendars, local meetups, and more in this forum post.

The first lesson will be available on Youtube Live at this link, starting a few minutes before class-time.’

How is one suppose to understand this email means rejection! The email could have been more clearer in my opinionl It is confusiong to me at the least.

I believe that yours is the exact acceptance letter.

But As I mentioend in my earlier post, I dont have access to the forum:

I am unable to join/access the Part v1 v3 forum category mentioned in my email.

It says - Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Hope this changes given NoAccess != Rejection

That is very strange. I don’t know what to say. Sorry about what you are going through.

@jeremey , Sir still i didnot get access to the link /forum . What to do others are still getting the access of the forum . please provide the access of the forum f possible

I dont have access to the forum:

I am unable to join/access the Part v1 v3 forum category mentioned in my email.

It says - Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Hope this changes given NoAccess != Rejection

Those who applied prior to the deadline, giving appropriate and thoughtful responses to the few application questions and have been unable to access the private forum…

Have you had any luck getting access?

(Thankfully the course will still be available in early 2019!!)

I have the same problem as everyone else on this thread. I received the acceptance email but am unable to access the private forum. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Same issue for me. I am actually in the class right now and do not have access to the forums.

Hi,

Same for me: have access to the video, fast.ai forum, but not part3 thing.
Haven’t seen that acceptance message as well ( the one people are talking about in thread) .

Does this mean I was left out of this live course session ( Oct 2018 ) and only have access to the forum itself ?

Bogdan

This is exactly my situation as well. I got the email which gives the video links, but I can’t access the forum link. It is extremely frustrating. Multiple emails to forum/Rachel/Jeremy has been to no avail. I do understand the volume of emails they receive. But really need some help to resolve this issue. It seems to be an user name issue. I had a user name already sandyasm1 tied to my email id for forums.fast.ai. But applied for the course with user id sandyasm. I am not able to fix this issue on my own. Need some admin help from fast.ai folks please!

It would be really nice!

1 Like

@Oroneki hard to complain about it though because this is such a blessing. I’ll just keep trying to get better with V2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am running into same issue. I watched the video yesterday, but no access to forum.