About the Intro to Machine Learning (2018) category

Hi all

in ML course (2017)
lesson 3 - in rf_interpretation

i tried plotting hierarchical clustering without feature importance (finding the most effective independent features)
i mean instead of just keeping the 30 important columns (first image)
i used all columns (second image)

then i got this error “Distance matrix ‘X’ must be symmetric”

why is that ?

maybe some column has problem or number of columns are too much

stack trace

{https://github.com/mahdirezaey/as/blob/master/forums.ipynb }

Thanks for the solution

What is the minimum required system specifications for running advanced machine learning algorithms and how can one integrate a command line tool.
Like say i want a dataset to differentiate between hotels and non hotel images for an hotel website like https://timbu.com/

Help me understand the difference between a generative and a discriminative algorithm, keeping in mind that I am a beginner?

This infographic would give you a simple understanding of Machine Learning https://www.fingent.com/blog/machine-learning-deciphering-the-most-disruptive-innovation-infographic

Hi!

I am new here, I have been reading around this website for the past days, and some questions have arise that i don’t find the answer anywhere.

1- Is this the right place to post about the new Machine Learning course for coders forum (released end of 2018) ? [i read somewhere Jeremy saying that he wasn’t going to share with us the forum for ML for coders where the Master students were. I also am unclear about this move as well, i remember reading somewhere that we share the same forum as the students that were in the classes as well, but that may be just for deep learning?

2- I am trying to do both, Machine learning for coders (end of 2018 course) and Deep Learning for coders (released 2019), everything for the new version of DL course seems to be clear, and thus i already installed GCP to work through the lessons. I have been looking for resources around to make GCP work with the Machine Learning course and haven’t seen any. My guess is just add the Jupyter NB files to the same instance of Fast.ai v3 DL course. I do not have to create another instance right?

3- The most updated Jupyter NB material for ML 2018 course for coders, that i would get from Github, would be this right? However, i only see 5 lesson notebooks on Github; On the main page, i see 12 video lessons…

all this may seem very straight forward to you, but i am very new to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Jeremy, after signing up on crestle,I am only able to find a server for fastai v3, which does not have the contents for Introduction to ML (Random Forest). Are the contents still available, if so, under which server, also, crestle has changed quite a bit since you made that video.
Anyway, much thanks for your lessons!

I am looking for some good machine learning online courses hope this forum will me to find some good ideas.

Hello

I am new here

Should I start with this course for fast.ai?

Should I work through Intro to Machine Learning before taking Practical Deep Learning for Coders?

It’s not required. I finished the DL course without taking the ML course.
Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get into the console and navigate to where the fastai library is. Then doing a git pull or something similar will bring both in sync. I think I have to do that in Paperspace.

Hii, is there a new version of ML for coders course coming up for the Fastai2 library?

Hey in lesson two i’m getting oob_score as -1.44xx!
what might be the issue?

Hi, did you ever have any luck with that ?
I’m just having the same problems, how did you solve it ?

Yes me too,

In my understanding, it is not required. Some familiarity with ML is helpful, though.

I heard that the version 4 of the course will cover Machine Learning along with Deep Learning.

Hi. I’m a newbie. Since the FastAI library has been updated, I’m unsure if I will be able to work with the same for the ML course. Can someone guide me? I have MX150 in my laptop. I tried to install the fastai library through a post on medium, which lead to one of @jeremy 's answers. But I get errors stating: No module named *** found. So, I would like to know if someone is currently doing the course on their local machine and guide me regarding the same. Thanks in advance!!

i leaning AI, ML to Artificial Intelligence . Looking forward to the documentation help