Moved- See Edit! A Guided Walk-through of 2.0 (Like Practical Deep Learning for Coders)

@harikrishnanrajeev it was taught in the most recent part 2. here. Iā€™ll do my own re-implementation but itā€™s pretty good

2 Likes

Iā€™ve added in an Object Detection notebook based on RetinaNet in 2.0. This also shows how to do multi-output predictions for bounding boxes (until they are supported in the library)

6 Likes

Hey @muellerzr, were you able to get SOTA on ImageWoof? I tried running your notebook and tried replicating lessw2020, but no successā€¦

1 Like

There are issues (like I mentioned in the notebook). Weā€™re working on figuring it out slowly. We think it has something to do with the transforms. Know that all the implementations are correct. :slight_smile:

Also there are issues with the tabular notebook. Iā€™m trying to get to it this week. (They updated the tabular API)

1 Like

Is there any specific thread where you are discussing what might be the problems there? Iā€™m very interested in participating :smile:

See here: Meet Ranger - RAdam + Lookahead optimizer

@morgan has been working hard at cracking this :slight_smile:

1 Like

We had a problem in the cnn head that was fixed yesterday. So things might work better now.

2 Likes

Can confirm it did help a bit :slight_smile: Got about 72% on average of five runs, Iā€™ll update the SOTA notebook too. Thanks Jeremy!

2 Likes

So a quick update to these, (I promise Iā€™m not ignoring your requests!) I am setting up my lecture material for my study group. The new version will be live streamed so anyone can get involved and to my knowledge will be the first using fastai 2.0. I plan on starting in mid-January next year. I will be including all of the types of models mentioned here and walking through them. For those interested, keep an eye out here in the next week or so for an official mega-thread to discuss it :wink: (and if you have any questions feel free to DM me!) This new version for streaming will be new to me, but Iā€™m hoping that itā€™ll go swell :slight_smile:

Edit: Also these current notebooks are outdated In terms of how to install the library, Iā€™ll do my best to update them in the next week or two depending time. In the meantime, follow the install directions here: Fastai-v2 - read this before posting please! šŸ˜Š

Edit x2: All notebooks are updated and Rossman is there too :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hi muellerzr Hope your having a fun day!

Your output and support always inspire me.

Long may it continue mrfabulous1 :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @mrfabulous1, your kind words and support yourself help keep me motivated to do these things :slight_smile:

count me in!

1 Like

Absolutely looking forward to this. I had started out with Jeremyā€™s walkthrough lectures but had to drop off after the last walkthrough. So havenā€™t kept pace with fastai 2.0. would be great to learn it from you. Please keep us all in the loop :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sgugger just finished up all of his notebooks as well for the course! You can find all of those here:

Once Iā€™m back from San Francisco Iā€™ll make the megathread for the study group (expect Friday or Saturday)

3 Likes

Wait youā€™re in SF, and didnā€™t come to visit!?! I hope you had a nice trip. :slight_smile: Sorry about all the rainā€¦

4 Likes

Rain is much nicer here than Florida! (Less dense. I love it!)

Iā€™ve made the study group thread, you can find it here: A walk with fastai2 - Study Group and Online Lectures Megathread

Iā€˜m looking forward to seeing everyone there :slight_smile:

As I update the course nbā€™s Iā€™ll bleed over any other notebooks/techniques into the Practical repo so anyone thatā€™s starred this one wonā€™t get confused on which to follow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi muellerzr it sounds like you have been busy!

Question: How many hours a day you sleep :question:

Thanks for the notebooks they will help many people who are little slower than yourself! (That includes me :wink:)

Cheers mrfabulous1 :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I promise a decent amount :wink: (5-6 hrs or so, college!) Iā€™m happy to hear they help :slight_smile:

For anyone looking at this later, I moved all the notebooks to a different repo for the study group:

3 Likes

Hi @muellerzr, these walk throughs are very helpful. I am currently attempting your 09a_IMDB_Sample.ipynb walkthough, and receive an error at the following line

dbunch_lm = imdb_lm.dataloaders(df_tok, bs=64, seq_len=72)

The error is below. Any thoughts on a possible solution?

dbunch_lm = imdb_lm.dataloaders(df_tok, bs=64, seq_len=72)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/block.py", line 98, in dataloaders
    dsets = self.datasets(source)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/block.py", line 95, in datasets
    return Datasets(items, tfms=self._combine_type_tfms(), splits=splits, dl_type=self.dl_type, n_inp=self.n_inp, verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 261, in __init__
    self.tls = L(tls if tls else [TfmdLists(items, t, **kwargs) for t in L(ifnone(tfms,[None]))])
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 261, in <listcomp>
    self.tls = L(tls if tls else [TfmdLists(items, t, **kwargs) for t in L(ifnone(tfms,[None]))])
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/foundation.py", line 41, in __call__
    res = super().__call__(*((x,) + args), **kwargs)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 202, in __init__
    self.setup(train_setup=train_setup)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 215, in setup
    self.tfms.setup(self, train_setup)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 179, in setup
    for t in tfms: self.add(t,items, train_setup)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 182, in add
    t.setup(items, train_setup)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 78, in setup
    return self.setups(getattr(items, 'train', items) if train_setup else items)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/dispatch.py", line 98, in __call__
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/text/data.py", line 35, in setups
    count = dsets.counter if hasattr(dsets, 'counter') else Counter(p for o in dsets for p in o)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/collections/__init__.py", line 568, in __init__
    self.update(*args, **kwds)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/collections/__init__.py", line 655, in update
    _count_elements(self, iterable)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/text/data.py", line 35, in <genexpr>
    count = dsets.counter if hasattr(dsets, 'counter') else Counter(p for o in dsets for p in o)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 208, in <genexpr>
    def __iter__(self): return (self[i] for i in range(len(self)))
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 242, in __getitem__
    return self._after_item(res) if is_indexer(idx) else res.map(self._after_item)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/data/core.py", line 206, in _after_item
    def _after_item(self, o): return self.tfms(o)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 185, in __call__
    def __call__(self, o): return compose_tfms(o, tfms=self.fs, split_idx=self.split_idx)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 138, in compose_tfms
    x = f(x, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 72, in __call__
    def __call__(self, x, **kwargs): return self._call('encodes', x, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 83, in _call
    if not _is_tuple(x): return self._do_call(f, x, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/transform.py", line 88, in _do_call
    return x if f is None else retain_type(f(x, **kwargs), x, f.returns_none(x))
  File "/home/cdparks/anaconda3/envs/fastai-v2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/dispatch.py", line 98, in __call__
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: 'list' object is not callable