01 Intro - file uploader "Output format ... is not supported" error

Hi, I just started the course and im a noob in ML/paperspace, and not very familiar with jupyter widgets.

I’m running the 01 notebook on paperspace, using the free GPU, and when running the uploader code cell (after running the previous code cells), I get the following error:

Warning: Output format application/vnd.jupyter.widget-view+json is not supported at the moment.

I checked this forum (and google) and couldn’t find this issue elsewhere.

Anything I can do about this? Do I need this widget to work in other course notebooks?

Thanks for your assistance.

4 Likes

This also happens to me using paperspace. In the notebook intro.ipnyb

The code is:
uploader = widgets.FileUpload()
uploader

Warning: Output format application/vnd.jupyter.widget-view+json is not supported at the moment.

Unfortunately, this is more than a warning. NO INPUT IS ALLOWED Thus images to compare to cannot be passed to the model.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I was not running a free GPU. I did check this forum ‘nothing’ and google suggested solutions are quite complex and do not work appear to work either.

1 Like

I had the same problem. The issue is that Paperspace drops you into their custom editor/notebook, that does not support stuff like the file upload widget.

But if you instead select the option in the left side to open the notebook in Jupyter, everything suddenly works.

Screenshot from 2021-06-25 18-21-00

10 Likes

this worked :slight_smile: thanks a lot!