Welcome to forums.fast.ai

(KEVIN AVIGNON) #21

Hi,

I have the Macbook pro from 2016 which doesn’t have a Nvidia GPU. Is it still possible to follow along the class or it won’t work on my end ? Thanks !

Kevin

(Saumil Shah) #22

Thank you very much…

I’ve started this course a few weeks ago and just signed up for the forums to ask a question. Seems you have you introduce yourself to be able to post new questions, so I’m going to say hi here.

(Larry Edelstein) #24

And I’m here too, introducing myself.

(Larry Edelstein) #25

The fast.ai Wiki doesn’t require you to have a login. If you couldn’t access it before, maybe it was a network problem, or you used the wrong URL, so double-check it and try again.

Hello, just introducing myself so I can post a new question…

(Sushant) #27

Hello everyone.

(karthik) #28

Hey guys ! Can anyone give rough estimate of about the cost of running the aws instance monthly if i followed the 7 week schedule to complete the part 1?

(Dilip) #30

hi sushntc

(brindha) #31

Hello, I am unable to proceed with my AWS installation.Getting the below error:
Can someone guide in overcoming this
An error occurred (OptInRequired) when calling the CreateVpc operation: You are not subscribed to this service.

(brindha) #32

Hello, I am unable to proceed with my AWS installation.Getting the below error:
Can someone guide in overcoming this
$ bash setup_p2.sh

An error occurred (OptInRequired) when calling the CreateVpc operation: You are not subscribed to this service. Please go to http://aws.amazon.com to subscribe.
usage: aws [options] [ …] [parameters]
To see help text, you can run:

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws.exe: error: argument --vpc-id: expected one argument
usage: aws [options] [ …] [parameters]
To see help text, you can run:

(Radi) #33

I have a gaming pc with a GTX 1070. Is there a way for me to use that video card for the courses?

(Sanyam Bhutani) #34

Yes, you should be good with the GTX 1070. You can do a local setup on your pc after installing ubuntu (preferably).

Try searching forums for local setup. There’s a script to do the work for you.

Edit: curl http://files.fast.ai/setup/paperspace | bash

Run this command and you’re all set!

(Cecilia) #35

Hello, I’m new to this course. May I ask where to get the jupyter file used in class?

They are in github https://github.com/fastai/fastai/tree/master/courses/dl1

If you are doing older version then see https://github.com/fastai/courses

Hi! I’ve just set up the first notebook, and was executing the cells, but one cell was giving me the error:
AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
2 batches = vgg.get_batches(path + ‘train’, batch_size = batch_size)
3 val_batches = vgg.get_batches(path + ‘valid’, batch_size = batch_size * 2)
----> 4 vgg.finetune(batches)
5 vgg.fit(batches, val_batches, nb_epoch = 1)

~\Documents\Jupyter Notebooks\Assignments\vgg16.py in finetune(self, batches)
175 See definition for get_batches().
176 “”"
–> 177 self.ft(batches.num_class)
178 classes = list(iter(batches.class_indices)) # get a list of all the class labels

AttributeError: ‘DirectoryIterator’ object has no attribute ‘num_class’

I tried this but it didn’t change anything. Even changing the vgg16 file line 177 to self.ft(batches.nb_class) but it still gives the same error. Can someone please help me out here?

(Abolade) #38

Hello Everybody,

I am excited to join you all on this journey. I am pretty sure you have all been having great fun. As for me the fun is yet to start and to get me super cool for this class I need your help.

I have a Jetson Developer Kit TK2 and I have been having trouble setting it up to be useful, I was wondering if any of you guys have been able to it setup for any of this class example. Sometimes I like to use this machine as its been sitting idle on my desk. Please any tips that might help me hit the ground running.

Thank you all.
Abolade.

Hey community!

I’m totally new to Jupyter NoteBook and TensorFlow, although I know Python and have some basic knowledge of neural networks and deep learning. So, I wanted to experiment with something freely available online with support for GPU, that’s were colab.research.google.com comes in. Does anyone know of a good tutorial with up-to-date information about how to setup some deep learning experiments using TesorFlow on that platform?

Any help or comment is deeply appreciated,
Thanks.