South Bay Weekend / Evening Study Groups?

@fmichaelkunz @ramesh Sorry to hear you couldn’t make it…

I just arrived at the room so I can get the door when people arrive, just follow the directions in the post above.

me too. work issues this week.

(Debashish Panigrahi) #106

Thanks Ramesh for posting the details. This Saturday I have a prior commitment. But I would love to come by for couple of hours if that’s allowed.

(Mike Kunz ) #107

@Deb @ramesh @sjcho @whyrv @laphi actually cannot make it up tonight to class due to work deliverables commitments. I will tune in via streaming from “an undisclosed location in Cupertino, Ca.” Wanted to say goodbye. Hopefully we can catch a drink or meal sometime. Don’t be strangers!

(Jamsheer Basheer) #108

Oh :cry:

Anyway thanks Mike. See you again.

(Debashish Panigrahi) #109

See you around Mike :)… It has been nice discussing ideas with you … and thanks for the help with the information … We should keep the thread alive so that we can continue as common interest meet ups.

thanks and good luck Mike. I was buried under work for the last two meetups as well.

(Mike Kunz ) #111

We will.

(Adriana Fuentes) #112

This will be great! I’d be interested as well.

(Debashish Panigrahi) #113

What do you guys think about the following event?

(Ramesh Sampath) #114

Hey All - I received a number of requests from folks that were interested to participate but had already made plans for this weekend. So after much discussion, we decided to postpone the hackathon to June/July timeframe. Hopefully that will give people enough lead time to plan and participate.

For the few that confirmed the participation - I am so sorry that we cancelled it. I hope you will join us when we do this over June / July timeframe. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Ramesh Sampath

(Ramesh Sampath) #115

Hey All - Now that Part 2 is officially released as a MOOC. Should we do a retro and start back from Week 8 (Bounding boxes) and do it a second time?

(Anil Kumar Pandey) #116

Yes. Retro works …

Yeah I’d be down to revisit the material.

(Ramesh Sampath) #118

Great. When we go a second time around, I am thinking of building Projects applying the learnings each week to get a deeper understanding.

Should we re-start the Part 2 this week or give a break and Start next week? Would Sunday 4pm continue to work for everyone? Location?

Update: I am going to take a break this week and join another time.

(Anil Kumar Pandey) #119

Sunday 4 pm works. Same location also works, if available

(Sukjae Cho) #120

I’m also okay with Sunday 4pm - but I need to skip this week(and maybe next week also).

BTW, I’m working on http://xviewdataset.org/ - though it looks like that the competition itself is not managed as planned and I’m not sure whether I can spend much time on this :frowning:
Anyway, I can share the progress so far on it. And I can also give a short presentation on Carvana challenge (I participated it) next time we meet.

(Ramesh Sampath) #121

May27th (two weeks from now) is memorial day weekend. Are folks OK to meet on that Sunday? Does that work @sjcho to give your presentation on Carvana competition?

(Sukjae Cho) #122

My schedule has changed, so I’m okay with 5/20 Sunday.
Let’s meet on 5/20 if other guys are okay.

(Ramesh Sampath) #123

Next Weekend is very busy for me (Maker Faire happening). So, don’t think I can make it. But please go ahead if you get 3-4 folks to participate. Otherwise I will catch up next time and looking forward to hearing about your experience in Carvana competition.