South Bay Weekend / Evening Study Groups?

@fmichaelkunz @ramesh Sorry to hear you couldn’t make it…

I just arrived at the room so I can get the door when people arrive, just follow the directions in the post above.

me too. work issues this week.

Thanks Ramesh for posting the details. This Saturday I have a prior commitment. But I would love to come by for couple of hours if that’s allowed.

@Deb @ramesh @sjcho @whyrv @laphi actually cannot make it up tonight to class due to work deliverables commitments. I will tune in via streaming from “an undisclosed location in Cupertino, Ca.” Wanted to say goodbye. Hopefully we can catch a drink or meal sometime. Don’t be strangers!

5 Likes

Oh :cry:

Anyway thanks Mike. See you again.

See you around Mike :)… It has been nice discussing ideas with you … and thanks for the help with the information … We should keep the thread alive so that we can continue as common interest meet ups.

thanks and good luck Mike. I was buried under work for the last two meetups as well.

We will.

This will be great! I’d be interested as well.

What do you guys think about the following event?

Hey All - I received a number of requests from folks that were interested to participate but had already made plans for this weekend. So after much discussion, we decided to postpone the hackathon to June/July timeframe. Hopefully that will give people enough lead time to plan and participate.

For the few that confirmed the participation - I am so sorry that we cancelled it. I hope you will join us when we do this over June / July timeframe. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Ramesh Sampath

Hey All - Now that Part 2 is officially released as a MOOC. Should we do a retro and start back from Week 8 (Bounding boxes) and do it a second time?

4 Likes

Yes. Retro works …

Yeah I’d be down to revisit the material.

1 Like

Great. When we go a second time around, I am thinking of building Projects applying the learnings each week to get a deeper understanding.

Should we re-start the Part 2 this week or give a break and Start next week? Would Sunday 4pm continue to work for everyone? Location?

Update: I am going to take a break this week and join another time.

1 Like

Sunday 4 pm works. Same location also works, if available

I’m also okay with Sunday 4pm - but I need to skip this week(and maybe next week also).

BTW, I’m working on http://xviewdataset.org/ - though it looks like that the competition itself is not managed as planned and I’m not sure whether I can spend much time on this :frowning:
Anyway, I can share the progress so far on it. And I can also give a short presentation on Carvana challenge (I participated it) next time we meet.

1 Like

May27th (two weeks from now) is memorial day weekend. Are folks OK to meet on that Sunday? Does that work @sjcho to give your presentation on Carvana competition?

My schedule has changed, so I’m okay with 5/20 Sunday.
Let’s meet on 5/20 if other guys are okay.

Next Weekend is very busy for me (Maker Faire happening). So, don’t think I can make it. But please go ahead if you get 3-4 folks to participate. Otherwise I will catch up next time and looking forward to hearing about your experience in Carvana competition.