Setup problems: AWS

Uploading… Uploading…

Hi @Girija,

You are downloading the entire page including HTML. Try using the links to the raw files instead. For example, the link for setup_p2.sh would be https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fastai/courses/master/setup/setup_p2.sh

You can find the link to raw version by clicking on the button shown in the image:

HAAAI ZARAK,

MANY MANY THANKS. At last It worked. But getting some other error. Will try to solve…

…Will trouble you…

Warm Regards,
girija

1 Like

Hello,

We are trying to set up aws in a way that 2 users can access at the same time. We run into various problems such as InstanceLimitExceeded. Can you please say if there is a set of instructions to set it up correctly? Or this is not an expected use case?

Thank you,
Kolobok

Hi Zarak,

I am getting the following error. I have deleted the user and again created.
[access key, secret key,us-west-2 and text]
Still the error.
Please help.

$ bash setup_p2.sh

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the CreateVpc operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the CreateTags operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials
usage: aws [options] [ …] [parameters]
To see help text, you can run:

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --vpc-id: expected one argument

aws help
aws help
aws help

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the CreateInternetGateway operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the CreateTags operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --internet-gateway-id: expected one argument

aws help
aws help
aws help

aws help
aws help
aws help

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --route-table-id: expected one argument

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --route-table-id: expected one argument

aws help
aws help
aws help

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --group-id: expected one argument

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --group-id: expected one argument
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘//.ssh’: Read-only file system
./setup_instance.sh: line 60: //.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘//.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem’: No such file or directory

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --subnet-id: expected one argument

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the AllocateAddress operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials
Waiting for instance start…

Waiter InstanceRunning failed: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

aws help
aws help
aws help
aws: error: argument --instance-id: expected one argument

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the DescribeInstances operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

An error occurred (AuthFailure) when calling the RebootInstances operation: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials

All done. Find all you need to connect in the fast-ai-commands.txt file and to remove the stack call fast-ai-remove.sh
Connect to your instance: ssh -i //.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem ubuntu@

Have a look at some of the answers here.

Hi Nichol
. I installed Anaconda python and then Cygwin. When I type aws , Im getting below error. I tried few things , also uninstalled python and reinstalled again, but getting same error as below. plz help

C:\cygwin64\Continuum\Anaconda2\python.exe: can’t open file ‘/Continuum/Anaconda2/Scripts/aws’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

checked the directory but can see a file ‘aws’. Below is what I can see in it

#!C:\cygwin64\Continuum\Anaconda2\python.exe

Copyright 2012 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”). You

may not use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of

the License is located at

http://aws.amazon.com/apache2.0/

or in the “license” file accompanying this file. This file is

distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF

ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific

language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

import sys
import os

if os.environ.get(‘LC_CTYPE’, ‘’) == ‘UTF-8’:
os.environ[‘LC_CTYPE’] = 'en_US.UTF-8’
import awscli.clidriver

def main():
return awscli.clidriver.main()

if name == ‘main’:
sys.exit(main())

Try uninstalling your Anaconda distribution and any independent Python installations you may have, and reinstall Cygwin to proceed.

I faced the same issues and deleting Anaconda helped. :slight_smile:

Alternatively, you can try the steps in here: http://wiki.fast.ai/index.php/Awscli_in_cygwin

Trfied uninstalling but got the same issue…then based on the link
tried pip uninstall awscli…and its getting stuck at a point and not moving ahead…
clueless as to wt needs to be done

It seems I am hitting literally every error possible. I contacted AWS, they were unsure about the issue, so I switched to us-east-1. From there, I hit the error `An error occurred (InvalidKeyPair.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances operation: The key pair ‘aws-key-fast-ai’ does not exist

An error occurred (MissingParameter) when calling the CreateTags operation: The request must contain the parameter resourceIdSet
Waiting for instance start…

I tried running rm ~./ssh/aws-key.pem but got the error rm: cannot remove '~./ssh/aws-key.pem': No such file or directory
To solve this, I tried running mkdir .ssh as instructed in a previous post, but received the message mkdir: cannot create directory ‘.ssh’: File exists.

Hi @Dan195,

The file should be named aws-key-fast-ai.pem. Are there any files in your .ssh directory?

I am getting no more error messages, but when I try to use the ssh (etc.) to log in, I get the following…
ssh -i /home/Peter/.ssh/aws-key-fast-ai.pem ubuntu@ec2 -52-54-27-149.compute-1.ama zonaws.com
ssh: unknown option – 5
usage: ssh [-****************] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec]
[-D [bind_address:]port] [-E log_file] [-e escape_char]
[-F configfile] [-I pkcs11] [-i identity_file]
[-J [user@]host[:port]] [-L address] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec]
[-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port] [-Q query_option] [-R address]
[-S ctl_path] [-W host:port] [-w local_tun[:remote_tun]]
[user@]hostname [command]

Hi chenwk891
how did you resolve the issue, im getting the same. Im in India
Checked spot pricing for p2.xlarge its saying
Cluster GPU Instances are not available in all regions

although my AWS console says us west
https://us-west-2.console.aws.amazon.com/console/home?region=us-west-2#

There shouldn’t be a space between ec2 and -52-54-27-149.

The reply I got is that the p2 free license is only available in USA. So I gave up …

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I made a request for a P2 instance but I didn’t realize, and I checked Us-west (Oregon) as told in the video. I’m from the EU zone, So, it’s supposed to go faster and obtain better latency if the server is located in Ireland. isn’t it?
what are the next steps in order to change to Eu-Ireland. Should I made another request to AWS explaining it or there is some other tricky-easy way to do that?
Thanks!

Hi @Nasrudin,

I think you’ll have to put in another request to AWS. I just put a request in for Ireland too.

edit: Or rather, update your ticket if you don’t want the original instance anymore :slight_smile:

I recently had to reinstall my OS. I have a P2 instance that I was using, but now need to reconnect my laptop to it. Am I okay to run the setup_p2.sh script again, or will this create a new server for me?