Paperspace setup help

I faced the same issue. I typed in the password and it worked, for some reason copy-paste of password from email just did not work for me. It also does not help that you cannot see the password that you type or paste, not even asterisk!!

(Kofi Asiedu Brempong) #394

It’s a pleasure @probabilityfilter

(Kofi Asiedu Brempong) #395

check out

For a step by step guide.

This is for a Mac, I am on Windows. I have gone through it in the original version by @reshama

(Mikhail Morozov) #397

Hi @dkobran! Could you enable an instance for me for this course? My email is mikhalitch at gmail.

It got fixed by itself after few hours. I guess it was a temporary service issue. Cheers!

(Abhishek) #399

Hi, FASTAI15 doesn’t work anymore. Does anyone know coupon code?

(Bhargav Kowshik) #400

You could use my referral code and get $10. My referral code is: 9JITUD4

(Niladri Shekhar Dutt) #401

Use these 2 promo codes to get a total of 25$ in credits.

1. FASTAI6GKZ
  2. A6FRIKW

Hi forum, paperspace has worked well so far but I’ve run out of room to download kaggle datasets- the planet dataset contains a 12gb file, and I did ‘df -h’ to see that my paperspace machine seems to sit with around 35gb used, even after I remove all other datasets.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to ‘clean out’ my virtual machine or fast.ai files to free up space?

Thanks in advance!
Britton

(Michael) #403

I had also problems with downloading datasets to paperspace. I have used up approx 6/50 GB according to the machine info page but the downloading python script stopped several times with a „no space“ error while still showing 6/50 GB.
I contacted the paperspace support and now I’m waiting for their reply.

@dkobran @dillon can you approve my request for an East Coast P5000 fast.ai machine? My emails starts with wuchen. Thanks!

(Michael) #405

Ok, my machine was full and I now upgraded it.
It seems that the system is not incorporated into the shown used space.

(Mira Ruder-Hook) #406

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of configuring my Ubuntu machine from Paperspace for the Fast.ai course and I followed the directions and entered the courses URL after entering my password. I waited for about an hour for it to download and then when I tried to follow the next steps to access the Jupyter notebooks for the course I was unable to click into the terminal. Has anyone experienced a similar problem before? Also, whenever I open paperspace it is pretty slow. Would some sort of update to my machine help with this? Thank you guys for your help!

Thanks for your code, I’ve used it:grin: