Paperspace: Jupyter notebook server setup

If you have not done yet, try out Paperspace
The promo code is mentioned in the google doc:
You may get another $10 using the following link https://www.paperspace.com/&R=RDI2OO

There is a tutorial about setting up a jupyter notebook server on paperspace

The certificate authentication method mentioned in the tutorial above did not worked for me. However, what worked well was the password configuration like so:

jupyter notebook --generate-config
jupass=python -c "from notebook.auth import passwd; print(passwd())"
echo “c.NotebookApp.ip = '*‘
c.NotebookApp.password = u’”$jupass"'
c.NotebookApp.open_browser = False
c.NotebookApp.port = 8888" >> $HOME/.jupyter/jupyter_notebook_config.py

It is super important to open the firewall port for jupyter:

sudo ufw allow 8888

Then, from your normal browser: https://[your public IP]:8888

And here are some tricks how to get sudo work without typing your password all the time:

Please share your tricks about getting the most out of paperspace

12 Likes

To earn another 10$ credits…

Use the referral link of mine…

How to get another $10 ( procedure) ??

Whats the difference between P4000 and M4000 ? ( P4000 is available for AMS1 and M4000 is available for CA1), Which one is better to choose ?

@HariSumanth9 Both are workstation GPUs from Nvidia. P4000 comes with the latest Pascal architecture, while M4000 has the Maxwell architecture which is 3 years old. P4000 is faster in terms of clock speed, and ideally that should be the one to select.

-Anand

3 Likes

You could use this link to sign up

Or add this in your promo code OL8IBN

1 Like

Use this as Promo code BM8S3S

1 Like

I got warning when I tried to use BM8S3S promocode

That happens if you’ve already used another referral code, you can’t use two referral codes.

1 Like

will we be using aws or paperspace for this session throughout?

One can use both: :slight_smile:

They’ve mentioned that its upto us, however: the previous version of the course was AWS based as well as the forums will be mostly based on AWS. Also, @Jeremy had mentioned that we might get some ‘special treats’ from AWS.

I’ll use AWS. Although I won’t mind spending the paperspace free credits till they last :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks

Did anyone in the AMS region manage to qualify for the P5000 machine on Paperspace using ‘fast.ai’ as the subject ? I’m still waiting for that approval email :confused:

It took me about 3 hours to get the confirmation. It might take a while, you should be patient.

:thumbsup:

SBI Classic Debit cards are not accepted by/for Paperspace ??

Even I’ve faced the same issue. You need to get your card approved for international payments by contacting your bank branch.

Debit cards are accepted or only credit cards will be accepted ??

I got my SBI debit card enabled for international payments from my bank, it worked fine with papersapce.