New MOOC: deeplearning.ai

(Davide Boschetto) #21

As far as I know, no. There was a rumor saying late August, but I’ve no idea where that came from.

My best guess is that they’re stuck on sorting out access to GPUs. There was some talk about partnering with Nvidia and I’m guessing arranging that kind of partnership and integrating it with coursera’s hub is non-trivial.

Edit: Maybe that’s just wishful thinking, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I was thinking too - hoping to get the entire thing done within a month to save on some cash.

(Matthew) #24

I’ve started taking the course, and so far (2 weeks in), it’s python + numpy. There is a lot of math, but he emphasizes that it’s not as important as the ability to implement the code. It’s not really necessary to understand the math to be able to implement the programming assignments, as long as you know how to translate the equations he provides into numpy.

(Simon) #25

The new official dates for the new courses are early October for Course 4 Convolutional Neural Networks and “soon after” for Course 5 Sequence Models. Info came via mail.

(N H N Sumanth) #26

Apply for financial aid its easy

OK, here we go: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gpu-cloud/ … maybe the next courses will be launched now.

(Tushar Gautam) #28

I audited the course but I can only see week 1 preview. I am not able to see any other week.

I’ve completed the Coursera deeplearning specialization (5 Courses) and simply wish to inform everyone that all courses are available the 3 listed above as well as one called Convolutional Neural Networks and the final Sequence Models. I have not participated in the fast.ai course and thus cannot comment on any comparison.

I just completed the Deep Learning Specialization on Coursera, and it is fantastic! Turns out it is actually a part of CS230, a course being taught right now at Stanford by Andrew Ng. I am now starting the fast.ai courses.