I just took some time out and made another (unofficial) kaggle command line interface called kli.
It was mainly to learn how kaggle-cli worked, but I started using it as my day-to-day kaggle data downloader. I thought I'd share it as I found it quite useful after a while.
To tell you more about it,
At the time I started the project, kaggle-cli didn't have many of the features that it has today, so kli looks like a stripped down version of kaggle-cli now.
- The README in the Github page is quite comprehensive, and should show you how to use it.
- It is recommended that you install via pip through
pip install kli within your virtualenv.
- I've not tested its install by cloning the Github, so please don't try it.
- It is only tested on python3 so I cannot guarantee its usefulness if you have a python2 setup.
- It does not submit, as I found Jeremy's method (mentioned in the tutorials) much better.
I've been using it for a few weeks now, and ironed out many issues so far.
As its quite a small project, I did not write any tests for it. (but it does perform some checks for the user within runtime, so that makes up for quite a bit of the testing)
If you do find any issues, please let me know about it or you can request pulls from Github itself.
This seems to be the only thread to talk about this, do let me know if you find another thread that I can move this endorsement to.