In-class discussion: Introductory workshop

Because when I ran (from Cygwin) command similar to jeremy from /downloads folder, it got this error:

Anaconda3-5.0.0.1-Linux-x86_64.sh: line 351: /home/Vikrant03/anaconda3/pkgs/pyth on-3.6.2-hdfe5801_15/bin/python: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

1 Like

If I run paperspace and use Fast.ai template, all the dependencies will be pre-installed for the course?

My conclusion also, it seems to have nothing to do with my WINdows machine :slight_smile:

They should be there.

@jeremy can you put the link to those jupyter notebooks here too ?

Installed Anaconda on my mac. It was installed successfully as per the graphical installer from the website. After this when i try doing ā€œconda --version or anaconda --versionā€ in terminal, it says command not found. What should i do?

Have you tried restarting your Terminal?

Wait for Jeremy.

If we use the GTX 1080 Ti
Do you recommend to keep them separate or together?
Iā€™m talking about the SLI bridge for the NVIDIA cards.

2 Likes

You probably need to add it to the path.

Paperspace P5000 approvedā€¦ so should we have public ip activated? If yes, is this public paperspace ip secured as default (not like default dedicated WRD servers default ports), or there is something we should do about it to secure it as a first step?

1 Like

Short answer: SLI has no impact for Deep Learning computation because itā€™s not recognized/used by CUDA/CuDNN.

Is it a good idea to get dual boot Ubuntu on Mac?

For further problems about conda envs and jupyter notebooks. Be sure that json file under after running -jupyter kernelspec list- points to the correct bin dir.

On Paperspace, I now have a status ā€œYour desktop is connectingā€ and frozen there. Doesnā€™t let me get in, or shutdown or anything of the sort.

Guess, Iā€™ve to install from GUI since Iā€™m still on windows.

Mine said that too but I just left the page and the computer was shut down

Python 2.7 is not going to work. Minimally you need to install Python 3.6 (and you should do it with Anaconda).

1 Like

Go here https://www.paperspace.com/console/machines. What do you see?