FastAi installation problem

@Borz Could you help, please?

I’d suggest removing the environment - I suspect that the previous installation left some bad stuff. I think you can use:
conda env list
which will show your environments - then:
conda env remove -n fastai
To remove the environment (assuming it is fastai and not fastai-cpu)
Then start again. You shouldn’t need to comment out the lines as Jeremy has removed them in the original - so a fresh git clone should be ok (after removing the fastai directory).

I’d second what @brismith is saying. My notes were for getting the older version of the library running (and happened to work for the new fastai too), and the repository has been changing very quickly; so I’m not sure if the new fastai works out of the box (but I’d guess it does, and I’m just about to start running it now myself).

Can someone help me?
I get error at this line
conda env update

and the error is
Get:150 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64 qtbase5-dev amd64 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.5 [931 kB]
ources/init.py", line 2819, in extras
return [dep for dep in self._dep_map if dep]
File “/home/paperspace/anaconda3/envs/fastai/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2864, in _dep_map
self.__dep_map = self._compute_dependencies()
File “/home/paperspace/anaconda3/envs/fastai/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2874, in _compute_dependencies
reqs.extend(parse_requirements(req))
File “/home/paperspace/anaconda3/envs/fastai/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2935, in parse_requirements
yield Requirement(line)
File “/home/paperspace/anaconda3/envs/fastai/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2944, in init
raise RequirementParseError(str(e))
pip._vendor.pkg_resources.RequirementParseError: Invalid requirement, parse error at “’; extra '”

Hi. Im new here. can you help me??? have the same problem. how u fix it??

do you have the latest pip installed?

yes, I do.