Dallas Fast.ai Study Group

(Phil Weslow) #21

@sha, the first session was just planning. We officially start digging into Lesson 1 on Thursday. We still have about four spots left for Thursday. If you have not done so, I would recommend RSVP’ing and/or requesting membership to the group via Meetup.

I have already RSVP in the meetup group. Looking forward to the session.

(Phil Weslow) #23

For those of you who are attending for the first time, it’s helpful if you send me a private message on here on the Fast.ai forum with the name you used to RSVP on Meetup, so that I can update your member status. @sha, I have already updated your status.

Coming today, thanks Phil for the meetup event.
Jeremy

Jeremy Yao, please update my name, thanks.

(Hongjin Yu) #26

Wow, just found out about this 1h before the meetup and I live 5 min away. Guess you won’t have time to process my membership and RSVP, but I will probably show up since it’s so close (and kick my self out if there are no spots)

(Joseti) #27

Interested, I am going to attend

Looking forward for the second session on Wednesday.

(Phil Weslow) #29

Many thanks to those who came out to our last session and made it a success! I’m looking forward to the next session on Wednesday, August 15th.

We had some last minute signups for the event. Fortunately, we were able to accommodate all interested parties. As a word of caution, however, if you are not able to RSVP for a session, you should not assume that you will be allowed to participate.

(Chakra) #30

Chakra here - I will be attending and also posted on meetup

(SRIKAR KATTA) #31

Looking forward for the session.

(Jag) #32

I would like to attend this evening’s session. I signed up on the Meetup group. Is there anything else I need to sign up?

List of part 1 study groups
(Phil Weslow) #33

Our next session will be Wednesday August 22nd. It will be our first session covering Lesson 2.

1 down, 6 to go.

(Phil Weslow) #35

Amen brother!

(Phil Weslow) #36

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, August 29th. Special thanks to WeWork (Legacy West/Plano) for hosting the event.

(Mukund Onkar) #37

I used to be very deep in development but my hands on has gone a bit rustic in last few year. Looking to get back to it and learn… Thanks!

(Phil Weslow) #38

Our next meeting will be Thursday September 6th. Please note, this meeting will be held at a different venue from out past sessions.

(Al Thead) #39

Would love to join.

(Phil Weslow) #40

Please feel free to RSVP to our next meetup. You will be asked some brief questions when you initially sign up to be come a member of the group (via Meetup). We look forward to meeting you!