Can't move past the `bash setup_p2.sh` part

I have gotten to the part where I am running bash setup_p2.sh. I runs up to this part:

$ bash setup_p2.sh
rtbassoc-6d881f14
True
setup_p2.sh: line 13: /home/ccrlan1rxg/.ssh/aws-key.pem: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/home/ccrlan1rxg/.ssh/aws-key.pem': No such file or directory

An error occurred (InvalidKeyPair.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances operation: The key pair 'aws-key' does not exist

First there is the problem with the aws-key.pem file. This file simply does not exist anywhere on my PC and certainly not in the .ssh folder. I am not sure where to get it from. I thought that this file is created when you run aws configure. It doesn’t seem that way because I’ve re-run aws configure several times with no success.

I am assuming that the second error is the consequence of the mission aws-key file, but I don’t know for sure.

What am I missing here?

It looks like other students faced the same issue in Setup problems: AWS and there were a few potential solutions posted there. In particular, it sounds like you may want to delete everything and start again.

Thank you. Below the link there was Rachel’s suggestion about how to get around this issue:

cd ~
mkdir .ssh
chmod 700 ~/.ssh

Thanks again.

2 Likes